Ultrasound Specialists is an advanced Medical Imaging Facility
At Ultrasound Specialists we provide you and your physician high quality ultrasound imaging and interpretations for full protocol, physician ordered studies as well as 3D/4D ultrasound and other various diagnostic and preventative screening tests in a very comfortable environment. We understand quality and accuracy is reliant upon the sonographer's experience and the type of equipment used. Because of this, each of our sonographer have years of experience in their specialty, are ARDMS certified, and utilize the finest ultrasound systems available. All images are interpreted by our board-certified radiologists, and reports are sent to the referring physician quickly. We are local and centrally located in Salt Lake city so you gain easy access to the benefits of our screenings.
We are proud to announce that Ultrasound Specialists was awarded "BEST ANALYTICAL LABRATORY IN THE SATE OF UTAH FOR 2009" under the "Science & Technology" category. For more information about this prestigious award, please visit www.BestofState.org . (See below for the tough criteria used to judge Best of State Candidates.)
Prenatal Diagnostic Ultrasound Services
Level One diagnostic services performed through an order from your health care provider. We provide our services to many expectant families desiring to complete their ultrasound at a more family-centered, patient-focused environment. We offer complimentary images of your session, and gender determination is by request only.
Prenatal Elective Limited Diagnostic Ultrasound Services
We provide prenatal elective limited diagnostic 3D, 4D reassurance scans to those expectant mothers who are currently receiving prenatal care, and have already undergone their second trimester diagnostic ultrasound from their family physician or OB/GYN. >>more info
Looks inside the heart, its muscles, valves, chambers for Cardiac tumors, stenosis, regurgitation, endocarditic and other abnormalities which cause heart failure.
We offer 2D, M-Mode, Color Doppler, PW, CW.
We perform the echocardiogram transthoracically (with the transducer on the chest). These sound wave pictures can give detailed information to your doctor about heart function as well as the diameter of the great vessels.
(Complete Carotid Imaging, Upper and Lower Venous Imaging, Upper and Lower Arterial Imaging.)
To screen the blood vessels (arteries and veins) of the body. This non invasive ultrasound is used for early detection of life threatening vascular disorders such as Deep Vein Trombosis, Femoral Artery Aneurysm, Popliteal Artery Aneurysm, Arterial Occlusive Disease.
- Arteriosclerosis, aneurysm, Dissecting aneurysm, Intraluminal Thrombus.
- Splenomegaly, Absence of the Spleen, Cysts, Absesses, Rupture, Tumors.
- Pancreatic Cysts, Tumors, Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis.
- Hepatic Cysts, Diffuse Abnormalities, Fatty Infiltration.
- Cholelithiasis (gallstone), Cholecystitis (inflammation), Hydrops, Polyps.
- Renal Calculus, Hydronephrosis, Renal Hematoma, Abscesses, Simple, Multicystic, Polycystic
- Bladder Calculus, Bladder Diverticula, Bladder Masses.
- Cyst, Prostatis, Calcified Prostate, Nodule.
Female Pelvic Ultrasound
To screen the internal structures of the female pelvis. Uterus, Cervix, Endometrium, Myometrium, Vagina, Fallopian Tubes, Ovaries: Polyp, Endometritis, Leiomyoma, Adenomyosis, Nabothian cyst, Gartner Ductпis Cyst, Pelvic inflammatory Disease(Pyosalpinx, Hydrosalpinx, Tuboovarian Abscess), Ovarian Cysts, Corpus Lutheum Cysts,Polycystic Ovary, Inflammatory Processes, Dermoid Tumors
Shoulder / Elbow / Carpal Tunnel / Extremity Studies
Extremity ultrasound is proving to be of great value in the diagnosis of rotator cuff tears, distal bicep tendon tears, and in evaluating patients considered to have carpal tunnel type symptoms. This type of imaging may be used when looking for abnormailites in the foot and ankle as well.
New Patient Information
At ULTRASOUND SPECIALISTS, it is our sincere pleasure to serve you. Your professional treatment, well being, and quality care are our greatest concerns for you, our patients, and we want your visit with us to be a very positive experience for you and your family.
Our highly qualified staff is available to assist you if you or your family have any special needs. We strive to provide you with the best possible care and we welcome any suggestions or comments you may have during your visit.
Listed below are some of our policies that you should be aware of:
- Payment is expected at the time of service or in advance on our website at: www.UltrasoundSpecialists.com
- Please arrive approximately 10 to 15 minutes prior to your appointment to complete necessary paperwork.
- If you are receiving a fetal ultrasound we encourage you to drink a lot of water (at least 8 glasses per day) for a 2-4 days prior to your arrival for a scan as the quality of the ultrasound images are usually enhanced with additional fluid intake.
- Unscheduled walk-ins are welcome at Ultrasound Speciallists during normal office hours. However, to reduce waiting time, please schedule an appointment whenever possible.
- Additional charges may apply for urgent care, unscheduled, weekend, or walk-in appointments.